Wednesday, July 29, 2015

No News is Good News?

The coffee shop is maybe just three blocks away- on the edge of not the best part of LA.  USC starts here and although the campus is beautiful and well manicured, these boarder neighborhoods are not.  the cops warned to not venture far here. Coffee calls however,and it's necessary to venture out before the team is up and moving.

A small hispanic man is behind a glass window munching on a donut while making its replacement. I find a styrofoam cup, fill it and take satisfaction that it costs half of what Starbucks does across the street.  The TV blares in the corner above the security camera.....something about Tom Brady destroying his cell phone.  Wonder what's up with that? Well, I don't give it a lot of thought I guess.  There was something about a Disney roller coaster malfunction and an earthquake near Anchorage.  Exiting the building I realized I know nothing about what's going on "out there."  We don't see news, or at least I'm out of the loop, and just too busy with my own little dramas to care.  It's an insulation of sorts being here and almost a releif.   No Scott Walker BS, no worries of what my state is doing to my state, no updates to some Middle East crisis.

It's not bad having no news.   I think I'll just appreciate this little break from what's out there that I don't know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment